Region-News-Team-Black-Logo

Friday Fire in Valpo Deemed Accidental, Family Displaced

Fire officials say one family was displaced by a fire Friday evening in Valparaiso, at the corner of Jefferson and Lafayette. Valparaiso Assistant Fire Chief Dan Lamb says they received the call at 5:09pm, and were on-scene until about 1am Saturday morning. Lamb says they believe the fire, which has been deemed accidental, started in the wall of the 3rd floor of the building, and was caused due by a heat-gun being used on the outside of the building to strip paint off the wall.
Assistant Chief Lamb says there was a lot of water damage throughout the Victorian-era structure that dates back to the late 18-hundreds, and which houses the “Needle and Thread” store on the first floor, and apartments on the 2nd and 3rd. No injuries were reported.
# # #


Meet-The-Team

Laura-WLJE Scott-WLJE Brent-WLJE
LAURA WALUSZKO
Region News Team
SCOTT ROSENBERG
Region News Team
BRENT BROWN
Region News Team
Jay-WLJE Karl-WLJE Annie-WLJE
JAY STEVENS
Region News Team
KARL BERNER
Region News Team
ANNIE FOX
Region News Team

Recent-Newscast

Please update your Flash Player to view content.