Indiana State Police are joining approximately 250 other law enforcement agencies across the state to make the upcoming Thanksgiving Day Holiday travel period safer. The annual “Safe Family Travel" campaign effort begins tomorrow and continues through December 1st. Law enforcement will be conducting high visibility enforcement efforts, including check points and saturation patrols, targeting drivers and unrestrained motorists.
Please help do you part to make the Thanksgiving Holiday travel period safe by observing the following safety rules:
- If you are planning to travel make sure you are well rested, a fatigued driver is a dangerous driver
- Avoid tailgating; remember the two-second rule
- Make sure everyone is buckled up
- Put down the electronic devices and drive
- DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE
- MOVE OVERr emergency and highway service vehicles