Check Out The 3 Trending Topics Of The Day! (Audio Version Is On Demand)
41 “SEINFELD” REFERENCES IN 5-MINUTE SPORTS NEWSCAST
A sports newscaster has crammed more than 40 Seinfeld references into a five-minute bulletin. Adam Lefkoe used Twitter to crowd-source ideas, and subsequently loaded his September 8 segment on WHAS11 in Louisville with nods to the popular television sitcom. Spouting out references from Beefarino and Mandelbaum to "take the pen" and "a Festivus for the rest of us," he managed to get through the entire newscast with a straight face. The video, which has amassed more than 200,000 views since it was uploaded, ends with his colleague performing the Elaine dance. Jason Alexander, who played George Constanza on Seinfeld, posted on Twitter that he enjoyed the newscast, calling it "impressive."
CARSON DALY JOINS TODAY SHOW AS HOST OF NEW ORANGE ROOM
Carson Daly is joining the “Today Show.” The TV personality will host the new Orange Room digital space as part of a redesigned “Today” set that debuts next week. According to NBC, the Orange Room, situated in Studio 1A, will serve as a “nexus point” between the show and its audience, “embracing the many ways that viewers seek out and share news across all media, and allowing the show and its fans to connect in a variety of new ways.” Daly will continue to host his morning radio show in Los Angeles as well as “The Voice.” A “transition” for his late-night program “Last Call” will be announced at a later date.
BABY #2 FOR JAY CUTLER?
Kristin Cavallari is ready to expand her family. The former Hills star, 26, who welcomed son Camden with her husband, NFL quarterback Jay Cutler, last year, told E! News that she’s “working on” baby number two. “We want to have a second sooner rather than later,” Cavallari said. “We know we want another one close in age to Camden and we’re at the point where we’re both ready.”
Here are foods and their shelf lives, according to the USDA. Every food product listed should be stored at a refrigerator temperature of 40 degrees F and below for the following shelf life to pertain.
Eggs: 21 to 35 days
Lunch meat: 14 days [unopened];3 to 5 days [opened]
Bacon: 14 days [unopened]; 7 days [opened]
Cured Ham: 5 to 7 days
Beef, Veal, Pork and Lamb: 3 to 5 days
Ground Meat: 1 or 2 days
Sausage: 1 or 2 days
Apples: 90 to 240 days
Grapefruit: 28 to 42 days
Strawberries: 5 to 7 days
Raspberries: 1 to 2 days
Grapes: 56 to 180 days
Carrots: 28 to 128 days
Cherries: 10 to 21 days
Asparagus: 10 to 20 days
Bunched Broccoli: 10 to 14 days
Celery: 3 to 5 days
Lettuce: 14 to 21 days
Check Out The 3 Trending Topics Of The Day! (Audio Version Is On Demand)
CEE LO GREEN TELLS STERN HE USED TO ROB AND BEAT PEOPLE UP
On Howard Stern's radio show, Cee Lo Green said he used to rob and beat people up.
PRINCE PAID $500,000 FOR 15-MINUTE MEETING WITH KRISTEN STEWART
What does a Middle Eastern Prince do when he has a wad of cash and some spare time? He splurges $500,000 on a 15-minute meet and greet with Twilight star Kristen Stewart. An unidentified Prince paid more than $33,333 a minute to mingle with the star in December last year. That’s roughly $555 a second. Harvey Weinstein negotiated the deal which raised funds for the Hurricane Sandy relief effort. The movie executive says when he took the offer to Stewart, her immediate response was “How much?” The 23-year-old actor met the Prince, and his team of bodyguards, at Madison Square Garden.
“BREAKING BAD” SPINOFF IS OFFICIALLY GOING FORWARD
The much-discussed spinoff of "Breaking Bad" focusing on Bob Odenkirk's character, Saul Goodman, is officially going ahead. AMC and Sony, which produces "Breaking Bad," have reached a licensing agreement for the spinoff. "As conceived, the new series is based on the show's popular Saul Goodman character with the working title “Better Call Saul,'" the two companies say in a statement. An AMC rep says the show has a series order. Other details are still being sorted out. The statement also says "Better Call Saul" will be a prequel to "Breaking Bad," focusing on Saul "before he ever became Walter White's lawyer." There's no word yet on when the spinoff might make it on the air.
Check Out The 3 Trending Topics Of The Day! Audio Version Is On Demand)
KISS OFFERS TIM TEBOW A 3-YEAR CONTRACT TO PLAY ARENA FOOTBALL
Tim Tebow's NFL career might have hit a wall, but there's still a place for him where football has walls. The Arena Football League's LA KISS -- yes, the rock band KISS bought an arena team -- is offering Tebow a three-year deal. The offer "will encompass a three-year contract with the possibility for Tebow to earn millions," the team said in a news release Monday. Yesterday on "Today," KISS members Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley talked about offering Tebow a deal.
BRIDE-TO-BE CAMPAIGNS FOR JON BON JOVI TO WALK HER DOWN THE AISLE
Over the past couple of years, plenty of fans have launched online campaigns to have their favorite celebrity escort them to their prom, or their military ball, or to a similar event. But one woman in Australia wants something truly unique from her favorite singer, Jon Bon Jovi: She wants him to walk her down the aisle at her wedding next month. The bride, Branka Delic, is due to marry her boyfriend Gonzalo "Gonzo" Cladera on October 12 in the same Las Vegas wedding chapel where Jon married his wife, Dorothea. It just so happens that Bon Jovi is playing with his band in Las Vegas that same night. The rockers will take the stage at 8 p.m., but Delic's wedding is at 2 p.m., so Branka figures that Jon could make it if he really wanted to. In addition to tweeting the singer with her request, and setting up a Facebook page, Branka has created a website called BonJoviWalkMeDowntheAisle.com to plead her case.
TODAY IS PATRIOT DAY
Today is Patriot Day. Patriot Day occurs on September 11 of each year, designated in memory of the 2,974 casualties in the September 11, 2001 attacks.
TV Guide has released its list of the 60 Greatest Catchphrases. These indelible and infinitely quotable words spoken by our favorite TV characters and personalities are forever etched in our brains.
1. "Heeeere's...Johnny!" Ed McMahon hailed the arrival of Johnny Carson from behind the Tonight Show curtain for 30 years and it never got old. Just ask Jack Nicholson.
2. "D'oh!" A forehead-smacking Homer Simpson popularized it, other residents of Springfield have said it at one time or another and the Oxford English Dictionary even deemed it worthy of an entry.
3. "Yada, yada, yada." The ultimate show about nothing gave us more than its fair share of catchphrases, but this Seinfeld signature uttered by Elaine to gloss over a bad date and favored by George's felonious girlfriend is still really something.
4. "How you doin'?" We can't imagine how many times Joey Tribbiani's best pick-up line was tried out by Friends fans during the show's heyday, but it's safe to say no one said it better than Matt LeBlanc.
5. "What'choo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" Gary Coleman's unforgettable delivery of Arnold Jackson's trademark line on Diff'rent Strokes made it the go-to phrase when you just had to tell a pal he was speaking nonsense.
6. "The tribe has spoken." Reality TV has spawned countless elimination catchphrases, but Jeff Probst's final words to the ousted Survivor competitors are the perfect blend of camp and cool.
7. "And that's the way it is." Long before the advent of cable news, revered newsman Walter Cronkite closed his nightly broadcast with these iconic words. And we understood we'd just seen and heard everything we needed to know.
8. "Who are you wearing?" When Joan Rivers first took to the Golden Globes red carpet to ask stars about their designers, the E! host spawned an infotainment genre and turned celebrities into walking billboards.
9. "Come on down!" The Price Is Right contestants have been rushing the stage for more than 40 years upon hearing this command, most famously uttered by Johnny Olson.
10. "It's gonna be legen — wait for it — dary." He's a one-man one-liner machine, but our favorite Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) quote on How I Met Your Mother brilliantly captures his bro-vado.
Page 33 of 121