In Lake County, ITR Concession Company LLC (ITRCC) says construction work at Exit 10 (Gary/Chicago International Airport) on the Indiana Toll Road will get underway Monday, March 20, 2023. Officials say there will be ramp closures and intermittent restrictions on mainline travel lanes. The Elkhart-based company, which manages the Indiana Toll Road, says Northwest Indiana bridge infrastructure was built over 56 years ago and is due for upgrades, repair, and reconstruction.
Exit 10 | Cline Toll Plaza | March 20 to November 15, 2023
• Eastbound (EB) Entry Ramp Closure – (3/21 – 5/20) – Take 912 south (Cline Ave) to
US-20 east. Travel US-12/20 to ITR EXIT 17.
• EB Exit Ramp Closure (7/5 – 8/31) – Patrons will be urged to use EXIT 5 and take US-41 S
to 312 EB.
o If Patrons miss the EXIT 5 route, they will need to use EXIT 17 and use US-12/20
WB to work back west.
• Westbound (WB) Entry Ramp Closure (9/18 – 11/15) – Take 912 north (Cline Ave) to 312
west (Chicago Ave). Travel 312 to US-41, turn right (northbound) onto US-41, turn right
onto 141st St. and follow signs for ITR EXIT 5 WB on ramp.
• WB Exit Ramp Closure – Patrons will be urged to use EXIT 17 and take US-12/20 WB
o If Patrons miss the EXIT 17 route, they will need to use EXIT 5 and take US-41 S to
312 EB to work back east.
• Motorists may experience delays related to this construction.
• Signage will be deployed before work zones to notify motorists of alternative exits along
the construction corridor.
*Dates subject to utilities, materials, equipment, or weather delays.
Mainline bridges will be reduced to single travel lane from 3/20 – 5/25 with a phase change on 4/24. After 5/25 all lanes will be open. Construction alerts will be updated
@lndianaTollRoad on Twitter, Facebook, and lnstagram.
For more details concerning lane closures and specific detour routing, visit the Northwest Indiana Bridge Rehabilitation project page at http://www.indianatollroad.org/travel-advisory/ .