Officials: No Fire at School; Vapors Venting from Pool Into Icy Air

In St. John, officials say reports circulating on social media about a fire at Lake Central High School were false.  A news advisory from St. John Police Chief James Kveton Monday night says per police officers who were on scene and the St. John Fire Department, what people were seeing were vapors from the swimming pool system venting out into the frigid outside air.  Chief Kveton says it’s a vent that regularly operates but produced a more vivid visual effect due to the extreme cold.  Chief Kveton said he received some calls and reports of the posts on social media regarding video of a fire and he again stressed there was no fire at the high school.